Service Desk Technician – Colby, KS Based Office
Service Desk Technician
Colby, KS Based Office
At Anchor, we are committed to providing outstanding customer service by truly understanding the needs of our clients. Driven by our passion for technology, we thrive on delivering exceptional business solutions. We handle all realms of services for our clients including Service Desk support, Network Administration, Disaster Recovery and CIO services. We are the “Virtual IT department” for our customers.
Anchor runs on EOS, the Entrepreneurial Operating System, which has helped us gain clarity on core values and work toward common goals.
Anchor Network Solutions is seeking a Service Desk Technician that will provide remote and onsite support services for our clients. We are seeking personalities who love interacting with clients, working in many different technology environments, and having fun while doing it.
Responsibilities of the Service Desk Technician:
- Living Anchor’s Core Values: Own It, Question Why, Team Before Self, Relationships are Everything and Optimistic by Nature
- Respond to user requests for technical assistance via phone and email
- Diagnose and resolve workstation hardware and software issues
- Follow standard service desk procedures
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Log and track all service desk interactions into ticketing system
- Complete projects related to workstation configuration as assigned
- Create documentation for end-users and internal standards
- Visit client sites on a periodic basis to resolve hardware issues
Is this who you are?
- You own everything you touch. You don’t pass the buck and you need to see things through.
- You are always looking for ways to do more and improve.
- Nothing is beneath you; you step in where needed and lend a helping hand.
- You ask questions and don’t accept “because we’ve always done it this way” as the answer.
- You choose to be positive and look on the bright side.
- You know that relationships matter, both with clients and coworkers
- You put others before you.
- You are open to change and provide honest feedback.
What we are looking for in an ideal candidate:
- Solid knowledge of Windows 10 and Microsoft 365
- Background in working with workstations in a networked environment
- Strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Experience with at least one remote access tool
- Understanding and knowledge of common software platforms such as MS Office
- Experience with Antivirus and Antispyware tools
- Working knowledge of basic networking principles including routers, firewalls, and switches
- Experience with Windows Server 2012, 2016, and 2019
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in computer science, engineering, or relevant field is preferred.
- Have or willing to obtain one of the following certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Windows 10, Azure Fundamentals
**Employees must have personal reliable transportation. Anchor maintains two physical offices; however, client need often dictates an onsite visit to provide support or consulting. Depending on the situation, support may be rendered via phone, email, remotely, or onsite.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift at least 30lbs.
- Must have a smart phone.
- Anchor has two physical office locations: Denver, CO (I25 and Colorado Blvd) and Colby, KS. This position is specifically for the Colby, KS office.
- Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test and background check.
- Please send resumes to [email protected]
- No phone calls please.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision 100% employer paid for individual basic plan
- 401k with up to 4% Match
- Long Term Disability
- Education Reimbursement