Devon joined Anchor in April of 2019. He brought an upbeat attitude and a big laugh that makes me laugh! And he has such a great voice, we had him record the greetings for our phone system!
Devon lives with his fiancé, Sarah, who he is proud to tell me does anthropology work for the National Parks Service. She works with Tribal liaisons to give artifacts back to the Tribes to which they belong. They share their house with two cats. He describes the two: “The slender black one is named Moon and he’s the sweetest. The other is a fat tortoiseshell named Bones and he’s the loudest!”
Devon tells me he likes working at Anchor because of our great team and great customers. He feels the environment is understanding and open while also accommodating individuals. He learns a lot from his Team and working with computers has always been his favorite thing to do! He brings A+ and Security + certifications with him.
Here is some Q & A fun with Devon:
- Q: Do you have a guilty pleasure?
- A: Extreme spice! My favorite hot sauce is El Yucateco XXX-Mo hotta mo betta!
- Q: What is the biggest fear you’ve overcome?
- A: The ocean…..deep water, but I have not overcome it.
- Q: What’s your favorite movie?
- A: Oh Brother Where Art Thou
- Q: Who inspires you?
- A: Besides Sarah, I would say Dwight Eisenhower because of the work he did to protect the American people during the cold was as well as his work to integrate school systems.
- Q: If you could do another job for the day what would it be?
- A: Nuclear Physicist. I have always been interested and if or when I can go back to school I will pursue a degree.
- Q: Do you have a personal philosophy or mantra?
- A: Nothing is permanent, enjoy everything while you have it.
- Q: What is your favorite book or Author?
- A: On a Pale Horse by Piers Anthony
- Q: Tell us something we don’t know about you!
- A: Oh! I got bitten by a rattlesnake when I was 3 years old! My Dad took me hiking in Jeffco Open Space in West Lakewood. We were going back to the car and I stepped on its tail. My Dad put me on the hood of the car while he called for an ambulance. I was in the hospital for a week and a half and my knee was the side of a softball. I know I was young, but I remember it…the ambulance, my Dad freaking out, I definitely remember it.
- Q: What is your favorite animal?
- A: A sidewinder snake. (Imagine the look I gave him! He laughed and said, “I know! I’m not scared of snakes!”)